Ecomove – VIVA – Oraki X Ingrid Falaise
“Celebrate who you are. Celebrate your strength and your vulnerability. Walk with your head held high and your shoulders straight. VIVA WOMAN!”
On the launch date, a $5 donation will be made to the organization for every pair of leggings sold.
Why are we supporting SOS violence conjugale?
In the midst of this pandemic, it is important to highlight that abused women are in survival mode. Confinement measures have the effect of further isolating victims of domestic violence. These women are effectively prisoners in their homes, many with children who are also trapped in a violent environment. Even more than under normal circumstances, it is difficult for them to escape the violence of their abuser to seek help.
As Ingrid recalls in the commercial currently airing on television, “no one is obliged to stay in a violent household.” With the current increased anxiety, job losses and financial strain, confinement is a situation in which violence can flare up dramatically.
Ingrid, the author of the autobiographical book, Le Monstre, believes that women who were already suffering before confinement are in even greater crisis right now.
About our legging VIVA:
ORAKI and Ingrid Falaise have partnered up to create the VIVA leggings to highlight women’s strength, while giving back to a wonderful organization: SOS violence conjugale. The VIVA leggings will be available May 3 as part of this initiative.
Ingrid: “When I wear the VIVA leggings, I feel strong and I feel the collective support of all women. I want to celebrate our strength as well as our vulnerability and to throw my arms in the air and shout VIVA WOMAN!”
For each pair of leggings you purchase :
- You save 15 plastic bottles from ending up in the ocean or landfill
- You contribute to support economy and families in Quebec, Canada
- You donate to kids in need
ECOMOVE leggings are made from 15 recycled plastic bottles and are REPREVE® certified, BPA-free and antibacterial. What’s more, they wick away wetness and dry quickly. It took more than 18 months of technology and manufacturing tests in the factory to create this material unique to our ORAKI brand. The seams of the product are in filtex, which provides durability because the fibres won’t break, while increasing its strength and protecting the garment during wearing and washing. These are THE perfect leggings for any occasion: yoga, working out, relaxing at home, going out with friends. They feel like an ultra comfortable second skin. ECOMOVE leggings are high waisted and provide great support with light compression. They are completely opaque because they are interlock knit. They are “squat proof”.The lining of the leggings is lightly brushed; we like to call it “peach skin”. ECOMOVE leggings are medium weight (250 g). The perfection of our recycled material technology in a pair of leggings: ECOMOVE.
Made in Canada.
- 77% polyester made from recycled plastic bottles, 23% spandex
- Made from 15 post-consumer recycled plastic bottles
- High-quality spandex provides excellent support
- Medium-weight fabric (250 g)
- Brushed lining (“peach skin” = soft on the skin)
- Interlock knit (ultra opaque)
- BPA free
- Four-way stretch and very good elastic memory
- Dries quickly
- Triangular gusset for greater mobility
- Resists wetness
- Resists wetness
- Lining in organic cotton and breathable mesh
- Engineered to lift and give you good support throughout your day and exercise session
- Medium to heavy fabric for a light compression feel
- Inseam 28.5” (72 cm)
- Tailored narrow elastic-free waistband so it won’t cut into you
- Double-paneled high waistband
- Machine wash cold, inside out.
- Delicate cycle with similar colours.
- Do not wash with towels or other items that could transfer lint.
- Do not wash with items containing velcro, zippers, plastic or metal pieces that could damage the fibre of the fabric.
- Hang dry; avoid the dryer!
- Do not bleach
Follow these instructions to preserve the product as long as possible and protect the environment.